Enforcer Educational Services LLC
International Association of Critical Care Paramedics
Critical Care Course Information
The Critical Care course is approved through the IBSC/BCCTPC as an FP-C & CCP-C initial and review course. You will receive a total of 37.5 continuing education credit hours for the course:
Airway & Ventilation: 6
Patient Assessment: 3.5
Special Considerations: 1.5
Clinically Related Operations: 1
Total hours granted: 37.5
The initial course consists of 33.5 hours of training, either in person (based on the number of participants in the location), or in a “live” online setting. Following the 33.5 hours of training, there is 4-hour skills training day in a cadaver lab, then an exam, which can be completed online or proctored by one of our approved instructors. Upon success completion of these requirements, the participant will receive a certificate and card, good for 4 years.
Online pre-recorded training:
Previous versions of our Critical Care Course have been recorded live and are available for online training. You will have access to all of the same training and documents as in the "live" training, will complete the exam online, and will be able to immediately download a pdf version of your completion certificate upon successful completion of all aspects of the online course.
Online FP-C/CFRN Review:
The FP-C/CFRN Review course is approved through the IBSC/BCCTPC as an FP-C/CFRN review course. You will receive a total of 16 continuing education credit hours for the course.
Renewal of the critical care paramedic certificate through the International Association of Critical Care Paramedics can be accomplished with a few different options to meet your needs.
1. Attend at least 16 hours of one of our FP-C review or initial CCP-C courses (based on schedule availability). These courses are approved through the IBSC/BCCTPC and will grant you the required continuing education hours needed for the FP-C renewal.
2. Provide proof of completion of at least 84 continuing education hours, with 75 of these hours being clinical-related.
3. Retake, and pass, the written certification examination.
Eligibility Requirements for Renewal:
1. Current Critical Care certification issued by the International Association of Critical Care Paramedics, cannot be expired.
2. Current and unrestricted paramedic license in the state in which you practice.
Clinical-Related Continuing Education hours:
The following topics are approved to be considered for the clinical-related continuing education hours:
1. Flight Physiology
5. Airway Management/Ventilation
6. Patient Assessment
10. Special Considerations
Acceptable accredited college courses include:
1. Anatomy & Physiology
5. Organic Chemistry
Operational/Other continuing education categories can include:
1. Quality Improvement
2. Legal Aspects of Medicine/Flight
3. Public Relations in the pre-hospital setting
4. Medical Ethics
5. Leadership and Management
In order for these hours to be approved for renewal, they must have occurred during your four-year certification time-frame.
All continuing education hours may be subject to audit prior to approval.
All documents can be uploaded in your account on the Enforcer Educational Services LLC webpage at www.enforcereducation.com and must be submitted within at least 30 days of your upcoming expiration date or an additional late fee could be incurred.
All continuing education certificates uploaded must include the participant’s name, the course name, location, date, number of hours granted, and the provider of the course.
Renewal requests submitted beyond the expiration date will not be accepted.
Candidates who meet all of the requirements, based on your option for renewal, will be granted a renewal certificate for an additional four-year period.
All renewal fees are non-refundable.
Unacceptable continuing education hours:
1. Continuing education less than 50 minutes in length
2. New employee orientation hours
3. Provider or Instructor courses for card class such as BLS, ACLS, ACLS EP, PEPP, PALS, ENPC, PHTLS, ITLS, BTLS, TNCC, or AMLS.
Any other forms of education hours that may be considered, such as college courses or instructing an accredited paramedic program, will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will be approved or disproved according to the guidelines set forth by the IBSC/BCCTPC, as we follow their guidelines. For further detailed guidelines on their renewal process, please reference their website at www.ibscertifications.org